2012 NH Gubernatorial Election: John Barbiaz on the issues
Babiarz believes the best way to create jobs is to remove excessive start-up regulations and encourage off-shore manufacturing and industry to return to NH.
• Support the Right to Work
• Reduce business taxes
• Streamline regulatory processes that delay business development
• Cut state spending.
• Support a citizen’s efficiency commission to constantly evaluate the functions of government for improvement
• Remove all un-funded state mandates from state law per NH Constitution article 28a
• Consolidate state functions.
Babiarz opposes a general sales tax and income tax, and would support repeal of the statewide property tax. He believes the statewide property tax is an accounting gimmick that violates key provisions of the New Hampshire Constitution.
Babiarz wants to deregulate limitations on insurance providers to encourage more companies to offer coverage in NH. Improve health care coverage and services by providing choice, including alternative and holistic therapies.
• Tort Reform in medical malpractice
• Reduce regulations on healthcare providers
• Allow Purchasing Insurances across state lines
• Compassionate Care options for the terminally ill
• Support Legalization of Medical Cannabis
Babiarz believes utilities can only become more affordable through the encouragement of greener, sustainable alternative sources of power. Also deregulation will allow additional providers for residential consumers in the state (i.e. competition and choice). NH needs to look at creating green energy plants for our future, and the future of the grid.
I strongly believe in the right of people to have access to quality education. I also believe that this can only be accomplished through competitive public and private schools, school choice, home schooling, charter schools and Internet educational vehicles.
Babiarz supports the right of all couples, regardless of gender or sexual orientation, to be treated equally. It is important for committed couples to have full access to all spousal benefits, so long as they demonstrate that their relationship is one of lasting integrity. It is also my belief that marriage, by definition, is a religious institution, and the state has no business being involved in its regulation.
Babiarz is pro-life, but does not believe that government has the right to regulate an individual or couples decisions in reproductive choice.